Thursday, January 13, 2011

 Apollo went walking in the woods with me - probably his first foray into the wilderness. He stopped to examine everything, and spent most of the time with his back raised. He kept up well, and didn't complain too much!
 I trust his instincts to keep safe - I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go in the woods on his own. I had to really coax him along, and on the way back, when we left the woods and started across the lawn, he "high-tailed" it. I guess I never thought about the meaning of that phrase, but he put his tail straight up in the air and ran!
My goal today was to get a photo of this strange shredded tree. I'm not sure what is doing this - there are a couple of trees like this, and I think it's too late in the season for deer. I have sent the photos to a naturalist, so we'll see what he says.

No comments: