Sunday, May 26, 2013

This is the book that I made for Bird Fest. I made one for Cathi, too. They're about 6" x 9", and the covers are painted Tyvek, then rubber stamped. I printed the birds on tissue paper and glued them on top. After I covered the boards, I sealed them with a clear poly sealer, so they are practically indestructible. I have a spiral binding machine, which punches the holes. Makes it easy!
 Inside, I printed some images on some of the pages, scattered throughout. The keynote speech was about the Ivory-Billed woodpecker, so I used some images of that bird. This one is by an artist named Charley Harper.
 I also printed out the Bird Fest bird list, so we could have that in our books as we went along. The books worked out so well - I had used watercolor paper for the pages, so we used them for the drawing class, too.

No comments: