Sunday, March 31, 2013


Happy Spring!
My version of coloring eggs this year - after boiling them, I cracked all the shells and poured pickled beet juice over them.
 After sitting for a few hours, I peeled them to reveal pretty pink marbling!
 Then I made them into delightful deviled eggs with a new recipe - using Greek yogurt instead of mayo. They are very good - much lighter, but with that tang from the yogurt. They are a bit more bland, and I added more mustard than I used to, but it could use even more, and maybe some more pepper, too.
 Sadly, after sitting in the fridge a while, the pink sort of soaked into the whites, and you couldn't see all the lines. But the whites were now a pale pink, so still a fun Eostre dinner. We also had our now-traditional ham and french toast meal, with steamed asparagus spears. Yum!

No comments: