Sunday, December 9, 2012

I made a fun gift project from my stash! I am always happy to use up some of my supplies, and be able to create things without needing to go and buy something. (Of course, buying supplies is always fun, too!)
 Anyway, this was inspired by the book our book club read this month, "LovingKindness", about some of the practices of Buddhism and meditation to help achieve a happy life. The cards are some of my photos with images that leant themselves to being cut in half, making them the perfect size!
On the back is one of the four metta phrases used during meditation described in the book, and I felt that even if we don't meditate regularly, it would be good to be able to look through the cards and be refreshed with the images and thoughts. The pouch is a heavy handmade paper I had in my drawer, and it took the stitching well, then I used a rubber stamp to print the fern. I was happy with the results, and the gals were very pleased, too!

No comments: