Tuesday, April 12, 2011

 Driving back from Oak Harbor, I saw something unusual in the sky. It was a bit hazy with some light clouds in areas. There was a jet flying by, trailing it's white contrail. Somehow, the contrail cast a shadow on the clouds. It was so weird. But by the time I found a place to pull over and try to photograph it, the moment had passed, the contrail was dispersing and the shadow was fading, too. In the photo below, you can almost make out what is left of the shadow at the very tip. Before, it was longer and much more obvious. While I was trying to get the shot, which meant shooting into the sun so I couldn't see my viewfinder, I caught a flock of birds wheeling around. I never even saw them when I was there! Sometimes you get a good surprise when you see the photo on the computer!

No comments: