Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter. ~Ansel Adams
I came across that quote today, and it proved quite true!!  I stopped by Freeland Park to eat my lunch today, and make some cell phone calls - better reception than at home. While I was talking, I vaguely noted loud, annoying bird calls, going on for quite a long period of time. It finally registered in my brain, so I looked around to see what was going on. Roosting in a large fir tree, an eagle was being harassed by a seagull, who was diving over and over again at the eagle. Occasionally the eagle would screech back at the gull.
Eventually, it became too much, and the eagle flew to a nearby tree. Apparently that was what the seagull wanted, because it then just flew away. Always fun to watch nature in action.

No comments: