Saturday, August 21, 2010

FRIDAY, AUGUST 20, 2010
This Pollo, my new kitty. An admittedly terrible photo, but one that actually kind of shows how his first night here is going. He's a couple of years old, and belonged to my nephew Jon, who is moving, but doesn't have a place to go to. He'll be staying with us for a while, but I will keep Pollo. It has been a long cat-less time, so I'm ready. And Pollo is very independant and easy-going. Well, at least most of the time. He took this move in stride, and I felt comfortable letting him go outside already. He justified that by coming back in on his own, so I have a window that I can keep open for him to come and go.

The reason for this harried look is the swallow parents. Pollo just wanted to relax on the lawn, but they dive-bombed him, so here he is seeking shelter under the trees. I'm sure it was a pretty bewildering welcome! But, to show how smart he is, he has already learned to avoid the front porch and lawn area!

No comments: