Thursday, May 1, 2008

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23, 2008
Took the overnight flight and arrived bright and early this morning, ready to go! Cris and I walked the O'neils Woods trail, finding these brilliant Virginia Bluebells along Yellow Creek. The colors were just gorgeous.

Before that, I took some photos from the shuttle and plane. This is the Space Needle at 60 mph from the I-5.

I had a full moon outside my window for the whole trip - it was clear and starry. This shows the light at the end of the wing (center) and the moon (top) reflected in Lake Erie (bottom). You can also just see lights from buildings on the shoreline above the moon's reflection.
At Mom and Dad's house, this owl must have a nest nearby - it sat in the trees by the house most of the time I was there, not worried about us walking underneath it and taking it's photo. Here's hoping for owlets!

No comments: