Friday, May 16, 2008

In keeping with the continuing bizarre weather patterns across our country (and indeed the world), today is predicted to break the high temperature record. As it is only a month until the summer solstice, the sun rose way before I did, so by the time I had my shower, it had warmed the spring air. Now, a word of warning, dear gentle readers - don't allow your imaginations to run wild when you read about what I did next! I decided to savour this beautiful morning au naturale. Greeting the welcoming sun's light, it felt good to say good-bye to our long, cold spring. All my senses rejoiced - I felt the warmth on my skin, and the gentle breeze playing over me. I saw the brilliant blue of the sky, the greens of grass and leaves, the pale pinks of the apple blossoms. I smelled the sweet scent of the cut grass, and the freshness of the dew. I heard the swallows chatting as they swooped and scooped their breakfast, a myriad of other birds noisily beginning their day, the occasional buzzing as a bee bumbled by. I know it will soon be much hotter than I like, but I'll remember my morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well that post deserves a comment! Way to go wild woman!!! I love the way you capture Whidbey's seasons. - cyndi