Friday, March 21, 2008

Well, I finally finished the tote bag that I made from the wool sweater I felted in February (you can see the before and after of this and a couple of other sweaters). It was a very fun project - I had to work out some design issues in order to show as much of the flower design as I could. I had planned to sew the neck together for the handle, but that didn't leave a very big opening. So I used one of the sleeves for a handle, and sewed it onto the neck area, then used a decorative blanket stitch around the openings.
I used part of the other sleeve to make a little pouch for my camera, and the drawcord is the ring of stitching where the sleeve originally was sewn on the sweater.
Working with wool feels so good - it was soft and cozy in my lap as I stitched, and it just feels good to the hand when I'm holding the handle. It will be comfortable to use, and I'll have a pillow if I need it!

No comments: