Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh, what fun when your computer dies. I knew the hard drive was getting tired, as it was making the occasional odd noise. Then it woke David up by beeping in the middle of the night; he finally got it turned off. After that, it wouldn't boot up, and made constant odd noises. (Luckily, it was my second computer, not this one!) We tried re-booting with the Windows disk, but no luck. Got the kid to come over, and he took it out and tried many different configurations with two other old computers we had, and finally got the drive to open as a slave, (that's it dangling from the cables) so I was able to save the info that I wanted. It doesn't seem to be making the odd noises, but I'm not about to trust it any more! That new laptop sounds better and better.

BACK UP!

No comments: