Sunday, October 21, 2007

I went to town today, for a meeting with the Retreat Committee for our Basket Guild. It's the fun meeting - we have all the workshop proposals from the teachers, and we get to choose which ones will be offered for Retreat! It was also very hard - we had almost 60, and could only choose less than 40, so we had to make some tough choices. We want to offer diverse techniques and materials, but also try to include all of the teachers (many submit several options). So it takes quite a while, and our hostess had soup and sandwiches, so it was a good meeting. Later, on the ferry home, I was pretty tired. I hadn't taken my photo of the day yet, and couldn't think of anything to shoot, and just plain didn't feel like it. But I got my camera out anyway, and decided to try and shoot a blur shot of the Mukilteo city lights from the ferry. It ended up being very fun, and I tried different settings, catching the wake of the ferry as well! The section of horizon at the far right that is lighter than the rest is the Boeing building at Paine Field, where they make the 747's and 767's.

1 comment:

Catherine Anderson said...

Louie, I admire your photo-a-day. I tried it once, but couldn't keep up. The days seem to go by far too quickly! Your photographs are wonderful. I love the mushroom image - reminds me of a mandala.