Monday, September 24, 2007

If you look close, you can see one of our little Douglas Squirrels preparing for winter. I can't help but think he must be forecasting a severe winter when you see the number of fir cones in that tree! He is busy plucking and dropping them to the ground where he'll later collect and store them. This was just outside my window, which I had open today to take advantage of the first-day-of-fall sunshine. I couldn't figure out what all the noise was, until I finally spotted him.
There goes another one!
The girls decided to do some baking, while the boys sat around and ate cookie dough! Mat, Kim, Shannon, Cody and Joel. They had every surface covered!
Cody, Mat and Joel ham it up for me. I'm beginning to feel it - Cody and Joel will be moving to San Diego this week. Of course, they've been talking about it for several months, but now it's finally time, and I'm not quite ready! Yes, he lived in Florida for several months, and has been in Seattle for a few years, but this seems more permanent. Ah, well . . . .

No comments: