Friday, September 21, 2007

Boy, now it's really feeling like fall! I had an early appointment, and it was very foggy. Below is the view through the windshield (this time I pulled off the side of the road) of the droplets on the glass and the cars appearing through the fog.
Looking across the road, this clump of willows glowed through the mist. I have watched this tiny patch of woods for years - the leaves begin turning yellow early in the fall, and look almost painterly.
It will be a real challenge to capture the mood with my camera. Below was an hour or so later, and I stopped on that side of the road and walked a bit closer. There was still fog, as you can see in the fir trees behind the willows. I added a little bit of blur to the photo to add to the etherial look. And, as you may guess, as I walked through the tall grasses, I found plenty of spiders and their webs, glistening with dew drops.

No comments: