Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our bedroom window faces to the north, but at this time of year, when the sun is low at sunrise and early in the morning, it shines in the windows. Since it's so low, it comes through the wisteria vines and creates these great shadows. I love the way the light source shows on the right, and the dark corner above. And the sides of my little display shelf make some great shadows, too. The greenish shadow is the light reflecting off the porch post outside, which is painted dark green. I've been watching these shadows for a few mornings, but by the time I got my camera ready, they were gone, so today was the day!

This is further down the wall - it was windy today, and fun to watch the movement of the leaves, and sudden changes from light to dark as the sun was covered by the clouds while I was photographing the wall.

No comments: