Friday, June 15, 2007

I haven't been down in the woods for a few days - weather has been bad, and I've had a busy week! Things grow fast this time of year - especially the stinging nettles. If you aren't careful, you'll have a little reminder for the rest of the evening! So I got out about an hour before sunset, and it was pretty dark in the woods, but the pond was reflecting a bit of sky and clouds, and something tiny was breaking the surface. Actually, it was probably gas.
As I climbed up the hill and out from under the trees, the setting sun was turning the sky golden, and lighting the trees to the east. In the meadow, the grasses are going to seed. Buzz was worn out after running circles around me, so after rolling in the freshly cut grass in the lawn, he sat still for a minute.

No comments: