Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ahh, the continuing quest to capture a swallow in flight. On this beautiful sunny day dozens of them were gracefully swooping over the lawn, so I went out and sat down. Once they were used to me being there, they flew around me, over me, in front of me, behind me. Above me, below me. They fly very fast. So it was a matter of pointing the camera, finger on the ready to SNAP! as I tried to anticipate directions. Suffice it to say, I had many, many lovely shots of sky or grass. And amazingly, a few with birds in them. This was my favorite, showing how close to the ground they will go, and it was probably about 10 feet in front of me.
I stopped by to see one of my buildings going up. This is a very tall garage below, for storing the owner's 5th-wheel, with an apartment above on the uphill side. They have a pretty lot on the water, so the apartment has a great view over their house.
They travel and do volunteer work a lot, so will have someone stay in the apartment to keep an eye on things while they're gone.


No comments: