Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Very hot today - mid 80's. I had to go to Coupeville, and it was very windy across the prairie. I've been having fun with getting down to grass level and looking up with the camera. And, I tried to catch the wind in the fields, moving across them like waves. It's not the greatest shot, but does show some movement.
The prairie here at Coupeville was natural, and was the first area to be settled by white folks. It's still being farmed today, although it's about the last area with large-scale farms left on the Island. This view is across the prairie to Ebey's Landing, which is below the level of the fields. You can see the Port Townsend-Keystone ferry making the crossing. The wind blows most of the time, and the trees show it's ravages.
And, it's the night of the full moon, so I dug out the tripod and tried some more shots. This is a longer exposure - I'm not sure why the moon has such a glow, but I'm assuming it's the lens on my camera. At least with the tripod I can try different exposures, so I'll keep at it.

No comments: