Friday, March 2, 2007

Amy is helping me do the newsletter tonight. I'm half-editor of the newsletter for my basketry Guild, doing it every other month. It works out great - neither one of us gets too overwhelmed, and if something comes up, there is always someone else to help. I really enjoy putting it together.

I also receive all the newsletters from other Guilds around the country, and read through them to garner tidbits to include in ours. Over the years I have come to know members of other guilds, at least through their writings and photos. Some I have corresponded with occasionally.

It seems like these guilds are full of wonderful people, and they accomplish some amazing things. Many of the guilds make baskets, then fill them with necessities for homeless or battered women, or other groups. They do lots of other things, too, of course. I'm glad to be part of them.

1 comment:

Weavin' Wicker Woman said...

Hi Louie,

I was born and raised in Vancouver, WA and have been a member of the Northwest Basket Makers Guild on and off for many years, so always enjoy reading about the guild and the state.

Happened across your blog and post about splitting the guild newsletter between two people. Sounds like a good idea to me!

I have an information and resouce website on basketry, wicker repair and chair seat weaving primarily, and have posted the guild's web link on the Basket Guilds page long ago.

I've also posted some of the guild happenings to the Events Calendar and would appreciate you both sending me information for my Yahoo! Groups monthly ezine, Wicker Woman's Weavings so I can spread the word about the Guild and give you free advertising!

Give me a hollar and keep in touch! Always doing what I can to promote basketry guilds!

The Wicker Woman-Cathryn Peters-Angora, MN
http://www.WickerWoman.com