Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Well, you just can't believe what the weather people say on TV - it was supposed to be cold and rainy today, but just look at that blue sky! I went out to check on a job site, and ended up staying quite a while, just enjoying the day. The lot next door was full of brambles, and the brambles were full of birds! If you look closely in the tree and brambles, you can see several birds. Red-wing blackbirds, robins, what I think was the red finch, and many others that I couldn't see. They were all singing and chirping and tch-tch-tch-ing - quite a symphony - or should I say cacophony?

This view is across Holmes Harbor looking east at the Cascades - Whitehorse Mountain is in the center, and I think it's Three Fingers on the left. Our property is just to the right and below Whitehorse, about at the top of the ridge that you see.

While I was looking over my client's lot on the golf course, I ran into a previous client, Tom, who invited me into his house to see how it looked finished. I must say it came out beautifully; he is very happy with it, and gets lots of compliments. He has done a great job with the interior finish. It gets lots of light from the windows and skylights, and he loves the vaulted ceilings.

He is right next to one of the greens on the golf course, and has had a problem with balls hitting his house. He had to put up a fence, which is almost 15 feet tall, and is hung with netting to catch the balls. Unfortunately, we put a steel roof on the house, and now it has dents all over it. He also had a window broken, and some other damage before the fence went up. But he loves living there!


No comments: