Monday, February 26, 2007

I finished my February Journal quilt! The group I'm in has a theme, color and technique every month - you don't have to use them, but it's fun to try and incorporate them into your ideas. This month's color was red, the theme was love songs, and the technique fabric painting. I didn't paint my fabric, but I did use the color and theme.

I love taking moon photos, and "Moon Dance" is one of my all-time favorites! I manipulated the photo of our roof and the moon on the computer, and tried several ways to make the moon "dance", but then I came up with the idea to change the color to red. I ended up just copying the moon and resizing it a few times. I printed it out on my printer, and pieced it with some of my sister Cris's handwoven fabric, then quilted with some shiny variegated thread. I like it!

It's hard to get a good photo of shiny things - the quilting doesn't really stand out as much as it looks in the photo.
I caught Buzz dozing in the sun this afternoon, with the shadow of the palm falling on him.

2 comments:

Nicholodeon said...

Just passing through. Your blog was 'next blog' to mine and I am very impressed with the beautiful February quilt.

I have actually been to Whidbey Island, back in the 1960s. Beautiful place. But I can't get into the perpetual fog, haze, rain of the Pacific Northwest.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I want to say again how much I love this quilt. I especilally like the way your moons sparkle and shine. It's just lovely.